Welcome

 With the recent passing of both our parents it's now up to me to continue the telling of our stories, handing down the verbal and photographic tale of where we come from and what makes us who we are.

 Ian and I have our own families now and this is for them.

For our families and also so that those generations who were much loved and admired can be remembered.

All my life I've been listening to and fascinated by the tales of when my parents and grand-parents were 'young': what their family life was like, what did they eat, wear and how did they spend their time? How thrilling it truly was to sit by the open coal fire and listen particularly to my Grandad Gardner tell us of running barefoot around Lancaster, of a little sailor suit that spent a great deal of time in the Hock Shop and of family sing-songs in days before television. I scribbled notes on the backs of envelopes and in notebooks on the bus to Burswood with my Dad, whilst on the phone to his brother, our uncle Alan, while sitting at Auntie Jessie's table and while staying with Uncle Tom


This is all of us here in WA at the present time, a rare photo really as we gathered for Dad's funeral on January 28th 2021 at Fremantle Cemetery , WA

Elizabeth, Bree, Paul, Joe, David(Gardner), Caleb, Susan, Ian, Wendy, David (Nesbitt), Jack, Angie, Jess, Gordon and Charlie, Cody, Olivia and Jacob. Angie is 6 mos pregnant.

Life goes on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Letter, Christmas Day 1952